On November 13, 2017 the Department of Health Care Services released updated contact information for California Children’s Services and the Genetically Handicapped Persons Program. Please use the contact information below for submitting Service Authorization Requests, Applications, and Renewals.
The CCS referral process for Dependent Counties has been divided into two teams: Eligibility and Authorizations. Mr. Harry Chang, Chief, Special Populations and Program Eligibility Intake Unit, will oversee CCS & GHPP Eligibility and Intake (James Delgado is assisting while Harry is on military leave until April 2019). Ms. Sylvia Amey, Chief, Special Populations Authorization Unit, will oversee CCS Service Authorization Requests (SARs).
The contact information for both managers:
- James Delgado (CCS Eligibility and Intake) (temporarily assisting while Harry Chang is on military leave until spring of 2019) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Harry Chang Harry.Chang@dhcs.ca.gov 213-620-4447 (on military leave until April 2019)
- Ms. Sylvia Amey (CCS SARs) Sylvia.Amey@dhcs.ca.gov 213-620-4461
The following fax numbers will remain the same with the addition of a fax line dedicated to Cochlear Implants (CI), Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA), and audiology related referrals;
|Active Cases & Re-Open Pending – No T-CASES, NB Hearing, HRIF and Metabolic Screening||916-440-5313|
|“T” New Referrals (Non-NICU) and Re-Referrals cases||916-440-5308|
• Lumacaftor/Ivacaftor (Orkambi™)
• Nusinersen (Spinraza™)
• Ivacaftor (Kalydeco™)
• Eteplirsen (Exondys 51™)
• Palivizumab (Synagis™)
• Deflazacort (Emflaza™)
• Sapropterin Dihydrochloride (Kuvan™)
|MTU/MTP, DME, Therapy referrals||916-440-5354|
|BAHA, CI, Audiology referrals||916-440-5297|
|CCS General Line for Eligibility and SAR authorizations||213-897-3574|
If you have any questions or comments related to CCS Eligibility and Intake changes, please contact Mr. Joe Oduoza, Chief of the Care Coordination Section, at (213) 620-4449 or via e-mail at: Joe.Oduoza@dhcs.ca.gov.
If you have any questions related to CCS Policy or CCS Numbered Letters, please contact Ms. Barbara Sasaki, Chief of the CCS-MTP Unit, at (916) 323-8091 or via e-mails at: Barbara.Sasaki@dhcs.ca.gov
For any other questions related to CCS or GHPP Policy, please contact Ms. Annette Lee, Chief of the Special Populations Section, at (916) 327-1261 or via e-mails at:Annette.Lee@dhcs.ca.gov.
Genetically Handicapped Persons Program
The GHPP referral process has been divided into two teams: Eligibility and Authorizations. Mr. Harry Chang, Chief, Special Populations and Program Eligibility Intake Unit, will oversee CCS & GHPP Eligibility and Intake. (Harry is on military leave through April 2019 – contact Patty Rodriguez in his absence.) Ms. Angela Gilliam, Chief, Regulations and Special Projects Unit, will oversee GHPP Service Authorization Requests (SARs).
The contact information for both managers:
- Ms. Patty Rodriguez (GHPP Eligibility and Intake)
- Patricia.Rodriguez@dhcs.ca.gov 916-327-1218 (assisting with applications while Harry is on leave)
Mr. Harry Chang Harry.Chang@dhcs.ca.gov 213
- Ms. Angela Gilliam (GHPP Authorizations)
- Angela.Gilliam@dhcs.ca.gov 916-552-9118
- Supplemental Contact with extremely urgent issues or unresolvable issues:
Willie Anderson, Branch Chief Clinical Assurance and Administrative SupportWillie.email@example.com (916) 552-9233
The GHPP fax numbers are:
The GHPP contact lines are:
|GHPP Eligibility/Applications General Line||800-639-0597|
|GHPP Authorization General Line||800-541-5555|
- Conduent can handle SAR inquiries by telephone. If they are not able to provide the requested information they will then send an email to the GHPP inbox for follow up. Conduent contact information for SAR inquiries: 1-800-541-5555 (option 5, then option 3). Note that they will not be able to see a SAR until it is approved.
If you have any questions or comments related to changes for GHPP Eligibility/Applications, please contact Mr. Joe Oduoza, Chief, Care Coordination Section at (213) 620-4449 or via e-mail at: Joe.Oduoza@dhcs.ca.gov.
For any questions or comments related to changes for GHPP Authorizations, please contact Mr. Willie Anderson, Branch Chief Clinical Assurance and Administrative Support, at (916) 552-9233 or via email at: Willie.Anderson@dhcs.ca.
Hemophilia Council of California
HCC’s mission is to improve access to care and treatment options in order to advance the quality of life for people with bleeding disorders through advocacy, education, and outreach in collaboration with its founding member organizations. Learn more at www.hemophiliaca.org