Future Leaders Program (A Series)
The Hemophilia Council of California’s (HCC’s) Future Leaders Program provides leadership training and advocacy tools for teens and young adults affected by bleeding disorders. Leading up to Legislative Day, they find out more about their role in the government process. Future Leaders also learn how to be effective advocates for themselves and their families.
Future Leaders connect with their peers and have fun! Participants hear from both Legislative Staffers and Future Leaders alumni. During Legislative Day, they also meet with their legislators (or legislative staff) via Zoom. Young Future Leader advocates learn to tell their stories, and they find inspiration to share their voice where it matters most.
– When: Webinar Series
- Webinar series of eight, 90-minute webinars
- Program dates: 3/2, 3/9, 3/18, 3/23, 4/6, 4/13, 5/18, 6/8 @ 7 – 8:30 PM
- Pre-Legislative Day webinar: “Legislative Day 2021: A Virtual Advocacy Primer” will take place on April 12th at either 12 PM or 6 PM, and it specifically covers speaking with elected officials. (Attendees will include not just Future Leaders but also those registered for meetings on Legislative Day and anyone who is interested in advocacy with legislators.)
- Virtual Legislative Day (April 14): Teens will be sorted into groups based on their geographic area and scheduled for conference calls/online meetings with their legislator or his/her staff.
Requirements to Apply:
- You must be between the ages of 14 – 22 at the time of the program.
- You must have a bleeding disorder or be a sibling or child of a person with a bleeding disorder.
- You must be able to commit to participating in all parts of the program.
- HCC Advocacy & Access Ambassador Speaks on Behalf of Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month Proclamation at San Diego City Council Meeting
- CA All Copays Count Coalition Announces NEW BILL to Protect Patient Copay Assistance in CA
- ¡Cambios importantes en Medi-Cal!
- Important Changes Coming to Medi-Cal!
- Meet HCC’s New Legislative Advocate!