2023 Legislative Day
Legislative Day Breakfast
Legislative Day Lunch and Awards
Trent Garrett (on behalf of Asm. Akilah Weber, M.D.) and Rigo Manzo, HCC Leg Day Awardees
Legislative Day Office Meetings
Legislative Day 2023
This is an important day of advocacy! Individuals, families and allies of the bleeding disorders community all come together. Unite with us in Sacramento to share your story about living with a bleeding disorder. Advocate on issues- such as protecting patient assistance programs- important to our community. You will have a chance to speak with Senators, Assemblymembers and their staff! Don’t miss out – we need your voice to make a difference!
–March 15 – (6 – 7 PM) pre-Legislative Day orientation and training webinar
-March 20 (7:30 – 9:00 PM) Future Leaders Alumni Reception
Open to all former Future Leaders!
-March 21 – Legislative Day In person legislative visits with a legislator or staff (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.) Breakfast and lunch included.
- Orientation & Training Webinar via Zoom on 3/15 @ 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
- Future Leaders Alumni Reception – Cafeteria 15L (1116 15th Street, Sacramento)
- Legislative Day in person in Sacramento (subject to change based on public health & safety)
- Legislative office visits – Capitol Annex Swing Space (1021 “O” Street)
- Registration and meals – Capitol Event Center (1020 11th Street, 3rd Fl)
- Pre-Legislative Day orientation and training webinar prepares you for your meetings with elected officials.
- Registered participants (final day to register is February 17) will be assigned to geographically-aligned teams. Each team will have a designated leader to coordinate the members during their Practice Session and on the meeting day.
- Future Leaders Alumni Reception Open to all former Future Leaders! You will have the chance to reconnect with other former Future Leaders as well as meet our current year’s Future Leaders at this reception. Enjoy some appetizers and beverages with other Future Leaders alumni the eve before Legislative Day!
- Team Practice Session on Legislative Day Team members meet each other and run through the order of who will say what during office visits.
- Legislative Day includes several legislative visits with a legislator or staff.