2023 Legislative Day
Participate in Legislative Day Virtually!
Virtual Legislative Day Email and Social Media Campaign:
Unable to take time off on Legislative Day to go to Sacramento for office visits? There are still ways you can participate! Using HCC’s Virtual Legislative Day email and social media templates, as well as our Capitol Canary links, you can create messages to send to your legislators or post on their social media channels on March 21st. By flooding legislators’ social media channels and email inboxes with issues that matter to the bleeding disorders community, you can make a big difference!
TAKE ACTION! Misleading health plan policies are harming vulnerable patients today. Bring relief to patients who need help with their out-of-pocket costs by protecting copay assistance! https://bit.ly/3gm1ENk
¡TOME MEDIDAS! Las políticas engañosas de los planes de salud están perjudicando a los pacientes vulnerables en la actualidad. ¡Ofrezca alivio a los pacientes que necesitan ayuda con sus gastos de bolsillo al proteger la asistencia de copago! https://p2a.co/btRfEyD
VISIT OUR VIRTUAL ADVOCACY TOOLKIT!!
or Download our Virtual Advocate Social Media for Legislative Day Toolkit!
Questions about the program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Legislative Day 2023
This is an important day of advocacy! Individuals, families and allies of the bleeding disorders community all come together. Unite with us in Sacramento to share your story about living with a bleeding disorder. Advocate on issues- such as protecting patient assistance programs- important to our community. You will have a chance to speak with Senators, Assemblymembers and their staff! Don’t miss out – we need your voice to make a difference!
–March 15 – (6 – 7 PM) pre-Legislative Day orientation and training webinar
-March 20 (7:30 – 9:00 PM) Future Leaders Alumni Reception
Open to all former Future Leaders!
-March 21 – Legislative Day In person legislative visits with a legislator or staff (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.) Breakfast and lunch included.
- Orientation & Training Webinar via Zoom on 3/15 @ 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
- Future Leaders Alumni Reception – Cafeteria 15L (1116 15th Street, Sacramento)
- Legislative Day in person in Sacramento (subject to change based on public health & safety)
- Legislative office visits – Capitol Annex Swing Space (1021 “O” Street)
- Registration and meals – Capitol Event Center (1020 11th Street, 3rd Fl)
- Pre-Legislative Day orientation and training webinar prepares you for your meetings with elected officials.
- Registered participants (final day to register is February 17) will be assigned to geographically-aligned teams. Each team will have a designated leader to coordinate the members during their Practice Session and on the meeting day.
- Future Leaders Alumni Reception Open to all former Future Leaders! You will have the chance to reconnect with other former Future Leaders as well as meet our current year’s Future Leaders at this reception. Enjoy some appetizers and beverages with other Future Leaders alumni the eve before Legislative Day!
- Team Practice Session on Legislative Day Team members meet each other and run through the order of who will say what during office visits.
- Legislative Day includes several legislative visits with a legislator or staff.