2023 Legislative Day
Join us in person next March 21st in Sacramento
for the Hemophilia Council of California’s
Legislative Day 2023
This is an important day of advocacy! Individuals, families and allies of the bleeding disorders community all come together. Unite with us in Sacramento to share your story about living with a bleeding disorder. Advocate on issues- such as protecting patient assistance programs- important to our community. You will have a chance to speak with Senators, Assemblymembers and their staff! Don’t miss out – we need your voice to make a difference!
–March 15 – (6 – 7 PM) pre-Legislative Day orientation and training webinar
-March 21 – Legislative Day In person legislative visits with a legislator or staff (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.) Breakfast and lunch included.
- Orientation & Training Webinar via Zoom on 3/15 @ 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
- Legislative Day in person in Sacramento (subject to change based on public health & safety)
- Legislative office visits – Capitol Annex Swing Space (1021 “O” Street)
- Registration and meals – Capitol Event Center (1020 11th Street, 3rd Fl)
- Pre-Legislative Day orientation and training webinar prepares you for your meetings with elected officials.
- Registered participants (final day to register is February 17) will be assigned to geographically-aligned teams. Each team will have a designated leader to coordinate the members during their Practice Session and on the meeting day.
- Team Practice Session on Legislative Day Team members meet each other and run through the order of who will say what during office visits.
- Legislative Day includes several legislative visits with a legislator or staff.
Virtual Legislative Day Email and Social Media Campaign:
Unable to take time off on Legislative Day to go to Sacramento for office visits? There are still ways you can participate! Using HCC’s Virtual Legislative Day email and social media templates, as well as our Capitol Canary links, you can create messages to send to your legislators or post on their social media channels on March 21st. By flooding legislators’ social media channels and email inboxes with issues that matter to the bleeding disorders community, you can make a big difference! Watch this page for more updates in March 2023.
Questions about the program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org